Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- Reclaim the Dream January 16, 2018Machinists joined hundreds of activists in Houston for the 2018 AFL-CIO Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Civil and Human Rights Conference. This year’s theme, “Reclaiming the Dream: Strategize, Organize, Mobilize,” was about shifting the rules and building power so that working communities can thrive and families can enjoy the fruits of their labor. IAM General […]
- California Members Secure Contract Gains Following Strike January 16, 2018IAM Members of Bay Point, CA Local 1584 at Henkel Aerospace are back to work having secured significant victories after a two and a half month strike. Following an industrial accident in 2013 that took the life of a coworker, the workers organized and won their first contract in 2014. After a difficult three years, […]
- You Can Thank the Machinists for These Amazing New Photos of Jupiter January 16, 2018The latest mesmerizing photos of Jupiter being taken by the spacecraft Juno from just above the planet’s surface are due in large part to the skill of Machinists Union members. The rocket that launched Juno was built by IAM Local 44 members at United Launch Alliance in Decatur, AL and was launched in 2011 by […]
- Senate Republicans Target Social Security Administration for Cuts January 16, 2018In an effort to undermine public confidence in the future of Social Security, Senate Republicans are proposing massive cuts which will make it more difficult for Americans to access their hard-earned benefits. Tell Congress to reject cuts to the Social Security Administration and to fully fund the Social Security Administration in the 2018 federal budget. […]
- What Federal Employees Should Know About a Possible Government Shutdown January 16, 2018The federal government could shut down Friday, January 19 at midnight if Congress can’t work out a solution to its spending dispute. This means that the lives of federal employees would once again be affected by Congress’ failure to do its job. In order to assist you with local preparations, the IAM has gathered guidance […]
- Your Union Membership Gets You a College Education Without the Cost January 16, 2018You read that right. Your union is now offering a Free College Benefit to members and their families. The IAM is excited to announce the new free college benefit available to Machinists Union members and their families: a free associate’s degree from Eastern Gateway Community College. Online Classes Start October 16 – Get Registered Now Having […]
- Renegotiating Labor Rights in NAFTA January 11, 2018With the U.S., Canada and Mexico currently discussing changes to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Owen Herrnstadt, the IAM’s Director of Trade and Globalization and Chief of Staff to the International President, offered some common sense recommendations for the negotiators. Read Herrnstadt’s Economic Policy Institute blog: Renegotiating NAFTA is an opportunity to get […]
- 2018 IAM Scholarship Application Deadline Nears January 11, 2018Applications must be completed and postmarked by February 23, 2018 for the 2018 IAM Scholarship Competition. This valuable program offers the opportunity for awards of up to $2,000 a year towards a college degree. Check here to get application information and important details. Official Call Letter | Official Call Letter in French The Scholarship Competition Eligibility How […]
- Post-Holiday Blues? IAM EAP is here to Help January 11, 2018January’s cold weather and long nights can bring a holiday hangover that leaves many people feeling down, and possibly spur full-on depression. Missing loved ones or dealing with the financial stress of the holidays can be difficult to deal with. Remember, you are not alone. Help is just a phone call away with the IAM […]
- Organizing Successes in Alaska and New Mexico January 9, 2018The Western Territory ended 2017 with a bang. Two major organizing victories were recorded in Fairbanks, AK and Alamogordo, NM. In Alaska, a group of 150 F-16 mechanics employed by AECOM at Eielson Air Force Base, led by Western Territory Grand Lodge Representative Joe Solis and District Lodge 160 Business Representative Alfredo Silva voted overwhelmingly […]