Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- Machinists, American Airlines Partner for Relief Flight to Puerto Rico December 7, 2017The IAM, AFL-CIO affiliates, and American Airlines came together to deliver much-needed water and relief supplies to Puerto Rico’s working families. The cargo space was generously donated by American Airlines. “The IAM is again honored to be involved in bringing essential relief aid to the working families of Puerto Rico,” said Transportation GVP Sito Pantoja. […]
- Winning in Wichita December 7, 2017Wichita workers are thrilled as Spirit AeroSystems announced its plan to add more than 1,000 jobs to the workforce, with an investment of more than $1 billion over the next five years. “This is a good day for Wichita but a great day for the IAM because these are the jobs we dominate at the […]
- Enroll Now for Retirees Education & Strategy Program December 7, 2017The deadline is January 6, 2018 to register for the IAM Retirees Department Retirees Education & Strategy Program (RESP) to be held March 4–9, 2018 at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center in Hollywood, MD. The official call letter and registration forms are available in English and French. The documents include all required […]
- 27 Years of Giving for Connecticut Machinists December 7, 2017For the 27th year a IAM Local 1871 run food pantry in Groton, CT, provided more than 150 Thanksgiving baskets for out-of-work members, needy families and others in the community. Volunteers distributed baskets to families which included a complete Thanksgiving dinner, supplied at no cost to working families who might not otherwise enjoy a traditional […]
- Maine Machinists Help School Meet Goal to Assist Children December 5, 2017Topsham, ME IAM Local S89 recently participated in a drive to collect food, winter clothing and backpacks for children in need attending Lewiston Middle School. The local includes the paralegals of the law firm McTeague-Higbee and government employees of Bath, Harspwell, Topsham and Wiscassest, ME. Local S89 members spent two weeks collecting food items that […]
- Protect Our Pensions December 5, 2017IAM International President Bob Martinez recently sent letters supporting legislation that would help save the financially-troubled multiemployer pension system while fully protecting the earned and vested benefits of current and future retirees. The Butch Lewis Act of 2017 (S. 2147), sponsored by U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (OH) and the Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pensions Act of […]
- Eliminate Waivers in ‘Buy American’ Laws December 5, 2017IAM International President Bob Martinez wrote a Letter to the Editor to the New York Times in response to Ana Swanson’s piece titled “Why ‘Made in America’ Is Stitched Into the Law, but Not the Uniforms.” In the last decade, the Defense Department has spent more than $200 billion in taxpayer money on manufactured goods […]
- How Oregon Local 63 Young Machinists Are Making This Holiday Season Brighter November 30, 2017Young workers from IAM Local 63 are working hard to ensure that kids in Oregon have a happy holiday season. Local 63 Young Machinists are raising funds to bring presents and Christmas trees to foster children. Other members of Local 63 are helping the cause by donating lights, ornaments and toys. These Young Machinists are […]
- ‘Ensuring a Qualified Civil Service Act’ Does Exactly the Opposite November 30, 2017The Machinists Union and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE-IAM) are calling on all members to contact their Representatives to demand they vote “NO” on the “Ensuring a Qualified Civil Service Act” (H.R. 4182). Machinists Union International President Bob Martinez sent a letter to members of Congress opposing the bill. This legislation would extend the […]
- The Definition of ‘Union’ November 30, 2017We’ve all been there. Those times in life when money is tight and you’re not sure how you are going to make it through the month. Thankfully, most of us do survive, unscathed for the most part. But some do not and even worse, many end up losing everything, even their home. That’s the sort […]