Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- At Least Three Members Injured in Letterkenny Army Depot Explosion July 19, 2018Three NFFE-IAM Local 1429 members have been seriously injured after an industrial explosion and fire Thursday morning at Letterkenny Army Depot in Chambersburg, PA. The members were taken via medivac to a Maryland hospital in serious condition. Two more victims whose identities are unknown were taken to Chambersburg (PA) Hospital. One has since been released […]
- Portland Rallies to Support PCC Welders July 19, 2018IAM members and community supporters hosted a rally in Portland, OR demanding Precision Castparts sit down at the bargaining table with 100 welders who voted to go IAM last September. The rally marked the one-year anniversary of the election filing date for the highly skilled welders. “The support given us by the IAM has allowed me […]
- Taking Care of Machinists in the Sooner State July 19, 2018Wrapped up in the minutia of day-to-day living, we sometimes forget as labor representatives that what we do at the table changes lives. And there are a slew of machinist families in Oklahoma reaping the benefits of having a strong IAM contract. They deserve it as these are the hard-working Americans support our brothers and sisters […]
- Last Chance to Register for EAP IV July 19, 2018Time is running out to register for the EAP IV Program September 16-21, 2018 held at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center in Hollywood, MD. Deadline to register is July 22, 2018. The Employee Assistance Program classes equip assistance coordinators with the skills and resources to assist members who are seeking help for […]
- Keep Yourself and Coworkers Safe from the Effects of Heat July 19, 2018Heat remains the leading weather-related killer in the United States, even though most heat-related deaths are preventable. Shield yourself and those around you from heat illness. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has published its OSHA FactSheet to help protect workers from the effects of heat. Various occupational factors may contribute to illnesses like […]
- Honoring our Fallen July 17, 2018Atop a hill in Arlington National Cemetery, overlooking Washington D.C., sits the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier which has seen a continuous military guard for over 80 years. A white marble tomb rests about the grave of an unknown soldier from World War I inscribed with the words “Here rests in honored glory an American […]
- Our Fight to Save Red River Army Depot July 17, 2018The fight to save jobs at Red River Army Depot (RRAD) in Texarkana, TX is far from over. Behind the scenes, the IAMAW has been doing all it can to secure the future for the hard-working men and women who have made this depot the Army’s primary location for ground and tactical systems maintenance operations. “The […]
- Civil, Human and Labor Rights, and the Supreme Court on Activate L!VE July 17, 2018Don’t miss this Wednesday’s Activate Live when Clayola Brown, President of the A. Philip Randolph Institute (APRI) and Ian Millhiser, Justice Editor for ThinkProgress will join us. Brown is widely considered an icon of the American civil, human and labor rights movements and is the first woman to serve as APRI’s president. Millhiser is the […]
- Martin Appointed Southern Territory Special Representative July 12, 2018IAM International President Bob Martinez has announced the appointment of Craig Martin to serve as Southern Territory Special Representative effective August 1, 2018. “As Directing Business Representative of District 161 for the past decade, he’s made it clear to all, that the labor movement isn’t a job for Craig,” said Southern Territory General Vice President […]
- IAM Families Awarded 2018 Union Plus Scholarships July 12, 2018The Union Plus Scholarship Program announced its 2018 winners totaling $150,000 in scholarships. The list includes members of two IAM families who were recognized for their academic achievement and exhibition of union values. Betta Lyon-Delsordo of Missoula, MT, daughter of NFFE-IAM Local 60 member David Delsordo, has been awarded a $4,000 scholarship. Julia Pelletier of […]