Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- Which States are Holding Working People Back? November 21, 2017Are you living in an area where your local government has enacted policies that raise the standards of working people, only to have your state legislature pass state laws that lower standards through preemption? Check out this map to see if your state has preemption laws holding workers back. Preemption is the use of state […]
- Eight Reasons Why the Republican Tax Bill is Bad for Working People November 21, 2017The House GOP have released a bad and unpopular plan to slash taxes for the rich by cutting services and tax breaks for working families. IAM and the rest of the labor movement will fight every attempt to make working people for tax giveaways to millionaires and billionaires. Here are eight ways the Republican tax bill […]
- Air Capital of the World Workforce Wins Again November 21, 2017Bombardier Learjet has announced that Wichita, KS will be the new home of the Global 5000 completion work starting mid-2018. About 100 new jobs will be created to install the interior monuments, the seats, the cabinets and the bulkheads in the ‘Air Capital of the World.’ “It was the reputation of the Wichita Machinists that […]
- Las Vegas Hosts Guide Dogs of America November 21, 2017IAM members came together in Las Vegas for four fundraising events, including the 37th annual William W. Winpisinger Charity Banquet, where volunteers, donors and allies raised nearly $2 million for Guide Dogs of America (GDA). Photos from the 37th Annual William W. Winpisinger Charity Banquet, 2017 Las Vegas Sporting Clay Event, and 37th Annual Guide […]
- Kansas City Local 778 Members Ratify New Contract at Honeywell November 20, 2017Nearly 900 members of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers Local 778 have ratified a new tentative agreement with Honeywell FM&T in Kansas City, MO. The proposal passed with an overwhelming majority vote, 529-62, Sunday. See photos of the Honeywell ratification vote The approval comes six years after Honeywell employees overwhelmingly voted down […]
- Oregon Welders Rally for Respect November 16, 2017Nearly 100 Precision Castparts welders in Portland, OR are sounding the alarm on the company’s refusal to negotiate after a September vote to join together in the Machinists Union. A rally on Tuesday called on management at the Berkshire Hathaway-owned company to stop retaliating against its own workforce. Community members and Local 63 Young Machinists […]
- Local 4 Demands Fair Agreement November 16, 2017Members of Machinists Union Patuxent River Local 4 held an informational picket at the Charlotte Hall Veterans Home in Charlotte Hall, MD. IAM Local 4 members were picketing to protest a substandard agreement with HMR Veteran Services and to highlight the living conditions for the veterans living at the center. Local 4 members want a […]
- Make NAFTA Work for Working People November 16, 2017The Machinists Union applauds 16 Senate Democrats who are asking the White House to require adequate labor reforms in any renegotiation of NAFTA. The lawmakers demanded that U.S. negotiators eliminate stipulations that say labor violations must affect trade in order to incur consequences. They also recommended an “independent labor monitoring and compliance body.” “We believe […]
- Seniority Counts November 16, 2017“Whether it’s a unit of 10 or 10,000, or the workers are 18 or 80 years old, every working American deserves a fair Union Contract,” said Southern Territory General Vice President Mark Blondin. “And for our Brothers and Sisters at Avis in Augusta, GA, we are proud to give them something they didn’t have before […]
- GOP Corporate Tax Plan Encourages Outsourcing of Our Jobs November 14, 2017Machinists Union International President Bob Martinez sent a letter to Congress urging them to oppose huge tax cuts for wealthy corporations and the one percent. Click here to be connected with your representative and urge them to reject the GOP tax bill. “The GOP tax plan provides an enormous tax break for U.S. multinational corporations […]